Reflexology is a form of massage treatment that focuses on the areas in the hands, legs, and ears that are connected through the nervous system to a specific part of the body.
While the name might sound new, this technique has been around for thousands of years and its effectiveness in relieving pain and clearing neutral pathways is second to none. If you are wondering what you might have been missing out on, here are ten things about Reflexology Massage.
- Reduction in Depression and Anxiety: Wondering how just massaging would help fight anxiety and depression? Merely massaging the top of the toes can increase the production serotonin. This hormone is known to promote happiness in the body. While you can do this yourself a couple of times in a day, having a professional do it every once in a while can go a long way in keeping you on the bright side.
- Better Sleep: Sometimes, after a long day of stressing ourselves, we find ourselves longing for a nice deep sleep but unfortunately when we hit the bed our eyes and minds betray us. As reflexology can clear neural pathways, it can bring calmness to your mind and body making it easy to sleep. If you are also wondering, it’s an effective way to cure insomnia.
- Circulation Improvement: If asked what the main thing you are missing out from not having reflexology is it’s improved circulation. Oxygen and blood are transported effectively to every area it’s needed and this will not only enhance systems’ functions but also hasten metabolism making healing of damaged cells quicker.
- Reduced Chances of Hypertension: This and high blood pressure are the major causes of diseases like cardiovascular disease, stroke, and kidney disease. But with reflexology, especially the massage of the solar plexus point at regular intervals, it can reduce the chances of having hypertension as it improves your mood.
- Detoxification: Candidly, it’s becoming harder by the day to say off things that are harmful to our body, we often consume processed food and if we don’t, we suffer from the different forms of pollution more times than we can count and this damages us from the inside on the long run. One of the most effective ways of detoxifying oneself is through reflexology. Different research has shown that reflexology aids in the improvement of the function of your bladder making it easier for it to eliminate wastes and toxins from the body.
- Efficient Aches and Pain Reliever: As reflexology is known to relieve the tension in the muscles, it can serve as a quick and easy way to get rid of pain and aches in any part of your body. Frequent massage of the area can relax the strained muscle causing the pain. Furthermore, headaches can be eliminated through foot massage and it has been discovered by scientists to cure over 81% of patients on long term bases.
- Improved Nerves Function: Reflexology is known to stimulate over 7,000 endings in the body. What this means for us is that, maintain and improve the function of our body as we grow older. In addition, this act of reactivity can ease to the clearance of neural pathways to better convey information from the nervous system to the brain.
- Healthier Feet: Through reflexology, issues like stiffness, ankles pain Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis and others pertaining to legs and feet have been proven to be eradicated. Constantly massaging it with olive oil can serve as a natural treatment against inflammation and pain.
- Helps with PMS and Menopause Symptoms: We’ve all been there! The crazy symptoms of PMS messing up with our day or the dawn of menopause making odd changes in us. While these two stages are inevitable to us as a lady, reflexology has been known to help reduce their symptoms. Cases like mood swings, insomnia, headaches, dysmenorrhea, bloating and so on during post menstrual syndrome can be reduced through reflexology. Not just this, depression and hot flashes; the two symptoms that come with menopause can also be alleviated through daily massage.
- Easy Pregnancy: Reflexology can be very helpful to pregnant women has it can reduce the length of child labor as well as their need for analgesics. It has also proven to help even after childbirth in combating postpartum depression as well as quickening recovery time.
During reflexology, try not to massage open wounds as it can slow the healing process. Also while some of the reflexology techniques can be done by oneself, seeking professionals every once in a while will go a long way in benefiting from reflexology.
Now that you’ve seen what you’ve been missing out by not having reflexology, it’s never too late to start. And if you are wondering how fast we can get you an appointment, we are just a click away from an all-round easing massage. Nooora offers the best reflexology massage therapists in Dubai.